40 Before 50: The List




At the end of 2022, I will turn 50, and I have been inspired to create a list of forty things that I would like to do before I turn 50. This is neither a list over which I am going to beat myself up if I don't achieve them, nor is it a list that has anything really outstanding on it (because, you know, pandemic times)! The list has been scaled back to really local and quite achievable. I am sure (hope) that there may be time in the future to think about seeing the Northern Lights in Iceland, but for now the goals have had to adjust to the reality that coronavirus measures throw at us.

Visits/Events
1. Visit Lundy Island
3. Attend a carol concert
5. Visit Kew Gardens
7. See a starling mumuration
8. Walk with reindeer
10. Hire a boat and have a picnic lunch on the Grand Western Canal
11. See the Milky Way
12. Attend a wine tasting
13. Go rockpooling
14. Get room service

Skills/Crafts
16. Make a croquembouche
18. Learn to forage
19. Make a garment from fabric I have printed
20.  Make a rope basket
22. Cook/prepare a meal from foraged food
23. Read a book in French
24. Start a fire without matches or lighter
25. Start and keep an artist's journal

Walks
26. Do a night walk
27. Have a walking weekend
29. Walk the length of the Grand Western Canal
31. Take Dougie (my Maine Coon kitten) for a walk

Gardening/Home
32. Grow my own apples
33. Have a winter/autumn barbecue
35. Camp in the garden

Health
36. Run 5k
37. Lower my blood pressure - aim to come off or reduce the medication
38. Improve my health
39. Go without technology for one weekend
40. Try contact lenses

So, I only have 22 months until I am 50, and I had better get cracking!

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts