Home: Master Bedroom Landscape Refresh

Our master bedroom is one of the rooms that hasn't been redecorated since we moved in to this house thirteen years ago. Making my bedroom a sanctuary was one of my goals for 40 Before 50, and the actual decorating was finished before I turned 50. It just took a while, and a bit of saving to replace the bed, curtains etc. The carpet hasn't been replaced yet.

So, before we start, I am not naturally a very tidy person, and the clutter does tend to follow me, but I am trying really hard to minimise it in the bedroom.


Walls
The bedroom is a really lovely light room and so I chose the pale greeny blue of Dulux Nordic Spa for most of the walls and the alcove. The feature mural behind the bed was from Dunelm and I dithered over this for a long time. I am really pleased with it and did all the wallpapering myself.

Print (in alcove)  - Sue Luxton

Bed
Having previously had a metal king size bed with quite a high foot to it, I really wanted to have no end on our new bed. We can just fit this super king ottoman Bed (Habitat at Argos) in: what a difference a super king bed makes - so much space! The Mattress was from Ikea, and again we moved away from what we previously had (memory foam) and have gone for a pocket spring mattress. 



I try to keep the clutter on the chest of drawers to a minimum, but it is my storage for my To Be Read pile of books! 



I usually keep my reading pillow and my rainbow blanket on my side of the bed. If you like reading (or watching TV in bed), that pillow is a great support and almost wraps around you like a hug!


Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts