Life: August 2022

Knitting



One of the most interesting things I have done this month is start a knitting project. I previously tried to knit in 2019 I think with a ridiculously ambitious sock pattern. This time, I bought a beginners blanket kit from Wool Couture. You can choose your own colours and it is all just the one stitch. I am loving just being able to pick it up and knit a couple of rows here and there. 

It was expensive (at around £80) and by the time you factor in that it takes me 10-15 minutes to knit one row, it will be a very expensive blanket indeed!



I do realise that there is an error on the first stripe, but there is no way I'm unpicking that now!


Sunflowers





During my few days off whilst I was “home alone”, I visited a local fruit farm who have a sunflower field. They do charge admission to enter and to pick the stems (which all goes to charity). It was a lovely hour wandering through the sunflower field, trying to find the perfect sunflowers to cut and bring home. And the bees were loving them!

40 before 50: Visit my Local Museum
I can’t believe I have lived in this town 23 years and not visited the museum. Wellington Museum is tiny - just the one room, but is crammed with fascinating bits of information. There was a whole piece on a medieval Manor House which they discovered not far from where I live (which I knew nothing about). But by far the best exhibit was a scale model of the town’s cinema which you can ask to be opened up for you - just wonderful.

Sewing Plans


With the knitting, I feel that I don’t currently have time to take on a sewing project, but I did succumb to buying some vintage fabric this month. I honestly have been in to the shop about four times thinking about buying it before I actually did. It’s not a huge piece, but in my head I’m seeing it as a yoke or bodice on a white dress…

So, what are you up to this month?

Love Mrs Jones x


Comments

Popular Posts