Food: Storecupboard Challenge Day 1




Breakfast
There was no sliced bread left at the start of this challenge, and toast and fruit is my usual go-to breakfast. I unearthed a breakfast muffin from the freezer and poached an egg, garnished with a few home grown chives.


Lunch
I really wanted to eat the fresh produce whilst it was still good. I knew I needed to eat the bacon rashers and had it in mind to make a Salade Lyonnaise, but as I had already had an egg earlier, I added the avocado half instead. The bacon took 7 minutes in the Ninja Foodie to crisp (probably about as long as it would take to fry but healthier). Dessert was the last of the strawberries and most of the grapes.



Dinner
I had a pack of Rainbow Vegetable Fritters in the fridge which I air fried for 10 minutes. I made a quick salad of iceberg lettuce, cucumber and red onion. The last of a tub of coleslaw was added, along with a pitta that I pulled out of the freezer and toasted. Dessert was a portion of Waitrose rhubarb and custard trifle (sounds weird, but actually delicious).

Summary
Today felt a little bit like cheating because most of the food was fresh from the fridge rather than the freezer.

Total cooking time: 17 minutes
Total calories: 1,236
Total Fruit/veg portions: 5
Food waste: 2 bacon rinds from the rashers

Love Mrs Jones x


Comments

Popular Posts