40 Before 50: Walk Around Wimbleball Lake and Other Stories



Progress: Make a Croquembouche


I attempted a first draft at this on Easter Sunday, and was proud of the small collection of choux buns that I made. However, the caramel that I thought I ordered turned out to be a tin of condensed milk, so my mini croquembouche became profiteroles. For my next try, I will shop for ingredients myself, rather than being at the whim of the online shopper (thank God for shielding ending and being able to go to the supermarket myself - small wins)!

Walk around Wimbleball Lake



In my mind, this was a really big achievement as the walk was almost 9 miles, which I class as a “serious” walk. That is a walk that needed planning for and a proper rucksack (with lunch) packing! It took us around 3 hours and we were the first car in the car park. By the time we left, the lake was starting to get really busy, so we were glad of choosing to start and finish early. 




If you want to know more details about the walk, head over to my walking blog here. Achieving this one has actually made me think about incorporating much longer walks into my planned activities. I do walk most days, but they vary in length from a short walk around our housing estate (2km) to a more modest walk of up to around 6km. I find walking very good for my mental health and use it as a buffer between working from home and being at home.

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts