Sewn: Burda 8/2020 103 V Necked Top




Burda 103 V necked top with raglan sleeves in 8/2020 was a quick sew and a good job too, because I wanted to use the darker threads on my overlocker before I embarked on my next sewing project (another Papercut Coppelia). It made a refreshing change to have the full set of detailed instructions for a Burda magazine pattern as it was the Sewing Lesson in this edition.




Fabric
Beautiful medium weight anchor motif jersey from Minerva Crafts and a mere whisper of a square of interfacing.



Size
The instructions were to base your size on your bust measurement, however I went for the size 40 which is bigger than my bust, mainly because I didn't want it to be too tight around my problem waist/tummy area.



Sewing
I actually used all three of my machines to construct this top. The main body of sewing was done on my overlocker. I used my old Singer machine to do the twin needle hemming (the needle was already in and I wasn't sure if it will also fit my Janome. Then with the Janome I stitched on the neckband.

The only part that was a little tricky was getting the neckband stretched correctly without sewing in any puckers (and yes, I did have to unpick a couple of times and re-do it).

But it really was a quick sew and a very neat finish too, and nothing irritates me about the finish, so I will definitely be making up some more.

Love Mrs Jones x


Comments

Popular Posts