Sewn: Two Hour Boxy Top 2 and Me Made May

Woohoo, it’s May and that must mean #memademay! I haven’t participated for many years because I just haven’t had enough handmade items in my wardrobe. If we weren’t working from home I would probably have also given this year a miss.

Day 1: New Look 6000 - I’m trying to wear office wear when working from home. It’s getting a little too hot for this, so it may be my last wear of this this season.




Day 2: Burda 04/2017 117 Cut Out Bias Dress - such a lovely dress, and one that I definitely need another version of as this one is fading now.



This is my second sew of this top, using up the fabric that I bought which should have been a dress (see my original plans for it here). I like it better in this top. This rendition is slightly longer, and therefore obviously not so boxy! Although I like my first version, I do end up wearing a vest top underneath so that I don’t expose any flesh (trust me, be grateful). I also shortened the sleeves as it is almost summer.



For context, I have the week off as annual leave so I think I will struggle with enough casual me made outfits this week.

Day 6: Papercut Patterns Coppelia Wrap - this is great for keeping warm after exercise (currently addicted to a Pilates on Fiit). I wear it a lot, and again could really use another version in my wardrobe.



I’m a little surprised how “navy” my wardrobe is, and I really think I should work on redressing the balance with some colour.

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts