Life: April 2020

So, like most people, I have been at home since mid March, and my eldest son is also back from uni riding this pandemic out at home. And we are back being a family of four adults!




Gardening
Luckily, I managed to visit the garden centre just before lockdown and purchase a mini greenhouse, some seeds and some mini cabbage plants. A couple of weeks (and a few online purchases) later, we have a second much larger raised vegetable bed.


So I’m currently growing:
  • Peas
  • Dwarf beans
  • French beans
  • Parsnip
  • Cabbages
  • Swiss chard
  • Carrots
  • Patty pan squash
  • Courgette
  • Tomatoes
  • Purple sprouting broccoli
  • Potatoes
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • Assorted herbs
  • Chilli
  • Cucumber
  • Salad leaves
...and I’m learning as I go. I’ve wanted to do this for a long time but the current situation has given me the push to do it. I am finding it quite frustrating growing from seed as I am used to buying plug plants, but ultimately I am sure it will be rewarding (and a fraction of the price).

Family
My husband and I celebrated our Silver Wedding Anniversary in early April, not by having a weekend away as planned, but by having a takeaway with the boys and playing a family board game. Not quite as expected, but it was actually a really nice day.

As a family we are trying to go out for a walk at least a couple of days a week and we are lucky that there is countryside just a short walk away. Now the guidance is clearer (that we can drive for a walk, as long as the walk is longer than the drive), we are doing one walk a week a short drive away. Frustrations can build during lockdown life, but walking seems to be one of the ways in which the boys will open up and talk to us. 



Sewing
I am not gaining any time. I am lucky enough not to be furloughed, but that does mean I am working from home. So, I don’t have lots of time for sewing, although I have used the Craft Passions pattern to make a couple of face masks. I am also making another of Sew Different’s Two Hour Tops.

Keep safe (and your distance 😉)!
Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts