Life: 7th January 2024

Happy New Year! Any crazy plans for more regular blogging are unlikely to last very long, but let's start the year as I mean to go on!

It's been quite a while since I sewed anything, but I was tempted to start sewing again when I downloaded some free patterns in the Foldline 12 Days of Christmas. Saying that, it isn't one of those that I have started!

This is the Burda 08/2020 #103 a simple long sleeved jersey top. I first made this one in April 2021 and I still wear it a lot - my only gripe with it is that the fabric has faded a little. The fabric I bought this time is a John Louden stretch jersey from Minerva Fabrics. I really like the motif with wintery foliage and tiny toadstools, although pink is not a colour I usually choose.

magazine snip of V neck top with pink fabric swatch overlaid

I am very close to finishing but I don't have enough thread to do the twin stitching on the hem, so I'm impatiently waiting for that to arrive.

Pecan pie with icing stars and chocolate cookies

I did a bit of random New Years Eve baking, having promised to take a dessert to friends for the evening. I just had a real craving for Pecan Pie, and I based this on the recipe in Nigella's Christmas, however I only used 200g pecans and no other nuts. The chocolate orange cookies contained a whole Terry's Chocolate Orange - the recipe was from a Good Food recipe book and I unfortunately can't find a version online.

Two piles of books

Finally, my To Be Read (TBR) pile of books has increased massively after my birthday and Christmas, and a few additions from charity shops too! I'm currently reading Buried by Professor Alice Roberts, which is very interesting. I absolutely love reading and was getting a bit panicky that my TBR pile was diminishing...but I don't think I have anything to worry about now!


This is the best kind of reading - when you are snuggled up with a handknitted blanket and a huge Maine Coon cat!

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts