Sewn: Paper Theory LB Pullover


Mustard gold cown neck top on two tone green background


Much as I am a dress girl at heart, I really need more separates in my wardrobe, and I was  keen to sew up the LB Pullover pattern by Paper Theory that was offered as a free pdf by Fold Line before Christmas. 

middle aged white woman wearing mustard gold turtleneck with black trousers


With the turtleneck, the top has exactly the right art teacher vibe that I like. There is also an option for a regular neckband.

close up of mustard jersey fabric showing fans or clamshells


Fabric
The fabric that I chose was this mustard yellow (described as gold) Stof cotton jersey from Minerva. It has a good medium weight to it and has washed and sewed well. I'm hoping the colour holds out, because I have experienced a little fading in another Stof fabric that I previously bought.

middle aged blonde white woman wearing mustard gold home sewn top with black trousers


Size
I went with a size 14 because that correlated with my waist size. With an oversized boxy top, I didn't mind if it came out a little larger than I needed. 

My only minor gripe is that it feels like it could be a little longer, especially considering I am only 5ft 2!

Maine Coon cat on pdf pattern being constructed


Construction
The most difficult part in making this was assembling the pdf pattern! Apart from the hemming, I constructed it on my overlocker, and only used my machine to do the twin needling finish.

Mustard gold jersey fabric being sewn into a top



Time
The instructions were minimalist but apart from absolute beginners to dressmaking, anyone would probably find this relatively easy, and it would also be a good introduction for a first venture into sewing with knits. I didn't calculate the time but I would say it took no longer than 2 hours to construct.

two home sewn tops on wooden hangers in front of two tone green background



I love the fact that this is also suitable for woven fabrics, and the advice is then to cut the turtleneck on the bias. I feel like a linen version wouldn't go amiss.

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts