Life: 14th January 2024


middle aged white woman wearing home sewn pink floral jersey top and black trousers

Sewing
Two weeks in and we have a sewing finish for Burda 8/2020 103! Very much like the first one I made, I had some issues with puckering around the neck band, where you have to stretch it out to sew it, but very minor ones. I also wasn't very happy with the finish on the sleeves where I hadn't really caught the hem in quite the right place, so I rashly snipped the whole cuff off and re-did it!

middle aged white woman wearing homemade green pinafore dress with homemade pink floral top underneath

I was very pleased to discover that my Janome sewing machine has an extra spool attachment to facilitate the second spool of thread for the twin needles.

Large grey Maine Coon cat lying on pdf printed sewing pattern


I'm on a bit of a roll with the sewing projects, and decided to print off the LB Pullover pattern by Paper Theory. This was a free pattern offered by Foldline during their 12 Days of Christmas (they also offered the Raw Edged Coat and Sunday Robe). I'm not a massive fan of pdf patterns, mainly because I inevitably end up with feline "help"! This is now cut out ready to sew up.

Inside of a wardrobe showing clothes hanging


Wardrobe
I'm on another decluttering phase, gradually doing different areas of the house. We did shoes last week. This week was the wardrobe. I still had lots of summer clothes hanging in there which I have now folded up and stored in my ottoman bed. I have put a few clothes aside for the charity shop.

I previously had my wardrobe in colour order, and whilst this is much more pleasing to look at, I used to not really see some of the items because there were several things the same colour. So I have now really mixed it up and will see how we go. At the moment, I think about 40% of the clothes hanging in there are handmade. 

Flooded fields

Walking
The weather has been so much drier this week, although really quite cold. I need to get back into walking again - I love it so much, but when you work full time, there just isn't much daylight at this time of year. 

winter sky with bare tree branches and a heron flying

We stopped at Langport to try to get a short walk in. Langport is on the Somerset Levels, and you would expect it to be flooded at this time of year, but I was surprised by the extent to which it was still flooded after a dry week. The bird flying just above the tree above is a heron.

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts