Sewn: Closet Core Charlie Caftan (Short Version)



I made the long version of the Charlie Caftan back in the summer of 2021. It's such a great dress that I wear quite a bit, but I also really fancied trying the shorter version. Image above is the first wear of the dress on my short break in Lundy!

Mid-length teal caftan dress in aboriginal print. Front view


This is not really a full pattern review as apart from the length, all the details are pretty much the same as for my original post here.

Wooden hanger and top of bodice of the teal version of the Charlie Caftan dress showing the Made by Mrs Jones label
This is the most true to life image of the colour

The fabric I am using is the teal version of this abstract aboriginal cotton fabric that I bought about this time last year in Fabricland (no affiliation, no ad). It looks like they only have the wine colourway left. This cotton is much easier to sew than the viscose I used for the original.

central panel of Charlie Caftan dress in a teal aboriginal cotton print

Again I had problems working out what on earth to do with the central panel, but I do think this time it is a little more even than last time. The remainder of the dress is an absolute cinch to sew and would be a perfect day or weekend project. I kept the ties as well because I feel like I need some kind of waist definition.


Somehow, I don't think this will be the last one I sew either!

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts