Sewn: Closet Core Charlie Caftan Dress


This is one of the dresses I rushed to get finished before I went on holiday to the Isle of Wight in July. I don’t know what it is about being at home most of the time, but the majority of my summer wardrobe was beginning to look really tired and I needed something fresh.




I bought this inexpensive yellow little big spot viscose (they only have the pink version now in stock) from Fabricland for £3.99 a metre. It was my first purchase from Fabricland and I wasn’t disappointed. Viscose isn’t the easiest fabric to sew with.




I made View C, the longer version with the gathered rather than pleated front. If you read any reviews, they will all say that the under bust panel is complicated, and they are not wrong. I thought I was doing well, until I suddenly wasn’t but couldn’t really work out how it went wrong. So, I did what most other people have done - fudged it to make it work!



I cut a size 4 as the caftan is a loose fit and seemed quite forgiving. There is no fitting at the back which is why the ties are good, and can be loosened after a big meal!

Love Mrs Jones x


Comments

Popular Posts