Sewn: Fibremood Ines Top


I love a chance to sew something using leftover fabric. I mean fabric is pretty expensive and it is a real shame to not use it all up. The fabric was used in the main for this version of the Myosotis last year. This is the Ines top in the FibreMood magazine 29: a cropped top with an elasticated band at the back.



The instructions say to cut out in the size that matches your bust (in my case S). However, I found it very difficult to get on over my bust given the 21cm of elastic allowed. I hate the feeling of being trapped in a garment and although I have cut myself out of outfits previously (especially around ten years ago when I first started taking steroids and put on a lot of weight), I didn't really want to have to cut myself out of something I'd just sewn. I whipped out that piece of elastic and switched it with a 30cm piece.


I'm not fully sure how I feel about wearing a cropped top at my age, but I do like the look with these high waisted trousers, and I think it will also be fine to wear on holiday. I don't want to be adjusting it all the time, but I'm not naturally very confident about flashing the stomach flesh.


I found the sleeves a little tricky but in the second version I made (a week later), I cracked that. I'm not sure what I did wrong with the first, but the second was no problem. I will post about the second one when I show you the Gedda skirt that I also made to go with it.

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts