Sewn: Fibremood Alberthe Dress







I started the year thinking I would do a lot more sewing, but it just hasn't been the case. However, I was suitably tempted to buy two Fibremood magazines recently. I have an invite to a  joint 50th/21st birthday party and needed something to wear (we'll turn a blind eye to all the lovely dresses I already have in my wardrobe)!




The Alberthe is a halterneck sundress with a cool fold detail in the front, with a fairly straightforward back view. It looks so simple, but the neck facing and fold detail were actually quite difficult. It felt like some complicated origami to me. Even with the finished garment, it doesn't look obvious how to wear it when it is on the hanger.



The fabric I used is a viscose challis from Minerva. At £15.99 a metre it is the most expensive fabric I have ever bought, and to be honest, the quality isn't that great really. I don't feel that it is really going to hold up to many washes. It might be that it was also the wrong choice for this dress. I made a silly error with the invisible zip - sewing it on back to front - easily rectified but annoying nonetheless!

Having said all that, I do really love the finished dress. I cut a straight size S, based on my bust measurement, but I think I may have been able to get away with an XS as there is still a little room at the side seams. But I don't like the tighter look in some of the photos on the Fibremood website.

It's certainly a dress that doesn't really need much in the way of accessorising.

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts