Life: Summer 2023

Close up of purple agapanthus flower with orange moth

We are having a summer, right? Just checking!

Collage of the Carol Klein garden, blue and purple flowers
Carol Klein Iconic Hero Garden

Hampton Court Flower Show
This year was my first visit to an RHS Flower Show. I have always wanted to go, but am not really keen on crowds, so that rules Chelsea out. The day we went was thundery, where you perspired with every step and were practically steaming when the rain hit.


As you would imagine, the rose tent had a heady scent. I took photos of so many beautiful roses - they are one plant that does really well in my clay soil.

Lunar Garden

I went with my older sister, Mel and she packed us an amazing picnic which we ate sheltering under a tree. The Carol Klein garden was really lovely, and I really liked all the different elements to it, such as the vegetable plot, and the woodland garden. My favourite though was the Lunar Garden with a very simple colour palette which seemed very peaceful.


I came away with a lot of inspiration to add more florals into my garden here. I have been concentrating more on the vegetable beds and it needs more attention.


Hay on Wye



Booklover's paradise! My second visit to Hay on Wye, the famous book town on the England/Wales border, and it didn't disappoint. I may have only found two books from my wish list, but I came away with a few more!


Sewing 

Having completed my Fibremood Kika dress and getting back into the sewing mode, I am now in the process of making my second version of the Deer and Doe Myosotis out of this lovely cotton lawn from Minerva Fabrics. 



I'm not going to lie, it isn't going all that smoothly so far and I have come a bit unstuck on the buttonholes. Or rather, my sewing machine has. A fair bit of bad temper and unpicking later, and I am ready to go again!

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts