Home: Hall, Stairs and Landing


This feels a bit of a cheat post, as I didn't actually do any of the decorating on this one myself. It is way too difficult for me to do the stairs and landing, and naturally, if you are getting someone in to do one part, they may as well do the hall too.


These were the wallpaper options - I really liked "f" but it was pretty expensive and I did wonder if it might have been a bit too dark.

So, for some Before and After photos. By the time I get round to taking photos now, it is dark, so the after photos have an unnatural yellow glow!

Landing: Before

Landing: After

This part of the house is really shabby, as you can imagine the main thoroughfare of the house to be. It has been desperately needing a facelift for a good few years. Although I gave the hall a lick of (the same colour) paint, about four years ago, it really needed a change.

Hall: Before

Hall: After

I am so over playing it safe with decorating now, and I knew that I wanted a wallpaper, but that having it on all the walls would be too much. So opted for wallpaper on one side of the hall and the facing wall of the landing. 

Stairs: Before

Stairs: After

The wallpaper is Arboretum Lily Pad, a Natural History Museum collaboration with Dunelm. Wall paint is the ubiquitous Dulux Magnolia. Flooring is LVT and carpet from Tapi Carpets. Lampshades from Dunelm, but it looks like they may be discontinued. Chair is the Alvsta from IKEA.

Love Mrs Jones x

Note: I am not affiliated to any of these brands and goods were all purchased by myself. I have not been paid to advertise these.

Comments

Popular Posts