Sewn: Fibremood Josephine Dress


Having seen quite a few makes from the Fibremood magazine on Instagram, I finally bought a copy for myself. I was really taken with the Kika and Josephine dresses in issue 21. Some of the interpretations of the other patterns, especially those in the faux leather (Irene) did not appeal at all, but once I saw some alternative versions, I was actually quite tempted.



My problem nowadays is that I really don’t need any more dresses, but I love the process of sewing. I find it very good for my mental health to be wholly absorbed in something that isn’t my paid work. 


I think I started Josephine back in September with the aim of taking it to Cornwall on holiday. That didn’t happen because I didn’t want to rush it and ruin it! 

I much prefer the tracing options on Fibremood to those on Burda, which are so busy they are very difficult to trace. I also like the fact that although there are quite simplistic instructions in the magazine, there are more detailed ones online.



There are two versions to Josephine - one with a cinched waist and zip closure and one that is more of a looser, tunic finish. I chose the former.




Modifications
I love the look of the bishop sleeves but I know that they would annoy me no end, so I opted to add a little hook and eye at the point where the cuff meets the sleeve. So I can now wear them done up but not in the way.

Love
Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts