Life: September 2021

Dougies loves to help trace a pattern!


Usually when September rolls around I feel like it is a fresh start: start of the school term and a chance to reinforce some good habits. However, this year I have not felt like this. Perhaps it is because it has been a bit of a whirlwind month with the death and funeral of my mother-in-law, on top of my youngest son starting university. 

Now that these two events have passed, I am trying to embrace the quiet and get used to the changes. I always turn to sewing when I feel like I need something to occupy my mind, and so I have a couple of sewing plans up my sleeve:

1. Pinafore from Burda Magazine 10/2020 using some very fine diagonal black corduroy fabric that I bought from PoundaMetre.

2. Skirt from Burda Magazine 10/2020 using up the remnants of the tree cord fabric which I made my Everyday Chic Dress from.




I have already sewn myself a new pair of pyjama bottoms, with some lovely bear flannel from PoundaMetre which was on sale at the beginning of the summer (it does pay to buy out of season)! The flannel reminded me of Canadian lakeside cottages and is the perfect Autumn/Winter nightwear fabric. Although I have previously made very simple drawstring pyjamas, for these, I roughly used the Burda pattern for the 7/8 trousers but inserted elastic at the top.

Looking forward to some Autumnal weather now.

Love Mrs Jones x


Comments

Popular Posts