Sewn: Bombazine Oven Mitt



First sew of the year and it's not a garment! I am on a scrap busting mission and had earmarked this free oven mitt pattern by Bombazine some time ago. 

As I was the lucky recipient of a new sewing machine this Christmas/Birthday, I was pretty keen to just get sewing on it with something straightforward, and this fitted the bill. 

Scraps used: 
  • Some leftover quilt batting from this Safari baby quilt
  • The remnants of the Llama cushions I made in the summer (and hadn't blogged about) from some lovely fabric bought in a French market in 2019 (aah, remember those days, when we used to be able to go abroad, sigh)!


I had to double up the thickness of the quilt batting because the last thing you want is an oven glove that doesn't actually protect your hand. The pattern suggests using old woollen blankets or recycling old coats - nice idea.

My next oven glove will be slightly wider on the wrist and a little bit longer. Although it is fine for me, it doesn't fit the men in my house quite as well.

Love Mrs Jones x


Comments

Popular Posts