Summer Reading 2014

I am shortly off on my holidays to La Belle France, and this year I think I may have over planned my summer reading with four books  - one of which is not going to fit in my suitcase in a million years!! So, I am leaving The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt for the second week of my holidays when I am back home and don't have to lug a large hardback around with me!


I am intrigued by Helen Fielding's Bridget Jones sequel, Mad About the Boy, and hope this will put me in a great holiday mood without too much thought required. I only hope it doesn't ruin Bridget for me.

I have already begun Hari Kunzru's The Impressionist - the opening chapter of his first novel is so interesting that you can't help but want to read more. 

Finally, The Luminaries, the 2013 Man Booker prize winner is by Eleanor Catton and it has been on my to read list since it was shortlisted. 

So, what are you reading this summer?

Love
Mrs Jones x



Comments

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts