Life: October 2022

Knitting (and keeping warm)



Well I’m progressing really well with my striped blanket that I began in the Summer. I’m now on the final few stripes with less than 100 rows to go. So I am hopeful that this will be finished in time to keep me warm this winter! I haven’t yet put my heating on as it hasn’t really got that cold yet in the South West. 

Like most people, I am concerned about the energy price rises and we are trying to do what we can. It doesn’t always make sense to spend money to save money, but I did buy a thermal door curtain for my front door. This is one of the coldest spots in the house and I already feel it has improved the internal temperature.

Sewing




So, not a lot of sewing going on but I did buy my first ever Fibremood magazine and am currently working on the Josephine dress (view A). I’m really impressed with the magazine. The patterns are easier to trace than Burda and the instructions are much clearer (you access the full instructions online).

There are a couple of difficult elements to it for me: getting the fit around the waist right, and doing the button holes on the bishop sleeves. I’m currently at that stage and procrastinating about it!

Upside Down House, Bournemouth 





My youngest son is back in Bournemouth for his second year at uni, and because I wasn’t around to take him initially I popped down to see him this weekend (with some home cooked goodies, naturally). We visited the Upside Down house (there are a few across the UK).

It was a fun experience, entirely geared up for social media images, but that’s the way the world rumbles…It’s pretty expensive at almost £6 each for what is essentially a ten minute visit, but it was good fun.

Dunster Circular Walk

I love getting out and about for a walk, and although we tend to do a few local ones on repeat, occasionally we do venture a bit further afield. This circular walk in the north west of Somerset officially starts and ends at Dunster beach, but we started it from Dunster Castle and continued down to the beach to do this one. 


We were lucky enough to be held up crossing the road by a steam train on the West Somerset Railway.


Trip to Cardiff

At the tail end of September we had tickets to see Professor Brian Cox, which was an amazing show. Beforehand we visited the National Museum Wales, Cardiff which has some great pieces of modern art. I loved this one, it feels like a Klimt but I don’t think it is. We also had an amazing dinner at The Ivy.




Keep warm and well,
Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts