Sewn: Papercut Patterns Adrift Dress - the jersey version



So, a couple of years ago I bought this jersey fabric in the sale at Minerva and the print was so much bigger than I envisaged, hence me sitting on it for a goodly while thinking about what to make with it. It is one of those prints that a badly placed flower could look a bit vulgar, if you know what I mean. Well, I loved the Adrift dress that I made in 2019 and thought I would whip up a version in this jersey.




Again, I sewed the size Small, and although the bodice part of the dress feels quite short, I still stand by my initial thoughts that the length is perfect for my small 5 foot 2 height.




Rather than insert a drawstring waist, this time I added a piece of elastic. I mean, the jersey fabric combined with an elastic waist is full on secret pyjamas, isn’t it! 

This time, I did sew the facing down as well, but I didn’t add any interfacing.




Not much else to say really, apart from the fact that this is so comfortable that I wear it a lot working from home.

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts