Home: Kitchen (Charcoal and Cream) Update



How I have wanted a larder cupboard for so long, and then my lovely husband decides he will buy one! But you know how it goes... I said I would only have a larder after I had painted the kitchen again. The kitchen was last decorated in 2016 and is in such constant use that it was well overdue.



The units are all the original ones, but we have had to replace our oven and our dishwasher since the last time we decorated. Much as I would love to do a complete kitchen re-fit, I am not in the market for that level of expenditure right now!



To be honest, I was really sick of the green and desperate to go for bold neutrals, so selected Dulux Rich Cream and Bowler Hat. I think the dark grey would have been too intense on all the walls. It took three coats of paint ☹️, and a whole month of weekends, but we’re there now! The doors really need replacing too, which is why they haven't been painted.



I really love the copper accents with the dark grey, it feels much fresher and more modern. The blinds that we installed the last time we decorated both fell down and this time I’m getting a professional to install them!


And this is my beautiful larder/pantry which we bought from the Cotswold Company. All our food cupboard items are in here, so I have now put most of the kitchen gadgets in the cupboards. The ninja foodie has to stay out - it gets used most days. I think it cuts our energy usage as you don’t have to wait for it to warm up like an oven.


I am going to have hours of fun re-arranging the food in this cupboard so that it works.

We are also debating whether to switch out the gas hob for an induction hob. I would also really like to replace the kitchen flooring. But this is real life, and I don't have the disposal income for all of it at once (especially as the fence was damaged by Storm Dudley and also needs replacing).

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts