Home: Blush Pink Ensuite



An unfortunate leak through a crack in the grouting in the shower in our Ensuite that had been trickling away for months, necessitated a new wall and shower. We have been living, for at least six months, with green plastic sheeting duct taped to the tiles to prevent the damage getting worse (and yes that was an awkward purchase for my husband 😂)! The bathroom suite and decor were all the basic originals from when we bought the house as a new build ten years ago: a simple magnolia and white box.


Although I like the look of tiles, I didn’t want the pain of cleaning grout (I confess, I will always go for the easiest housekeeping option). We looked at a lot of shower walls, and finally chose Bushboard Nuance panels. They were pricier than some walls, but I really wanted something that looked more luxurious and for me that meant not having too obvious a pattern repeat.



The old shower cubicle was ripped out and replaced with a simple glass cubicle which is proving much easier to clean than the old one with a bifold door. A new overhead and handheld shower was installed. The remaining sanitary ware was retained, although the taps were replaced on the basin as the finish was starting to corrode.



I deliberated for quite a while over the paint colour but settled on blush pink as it works well with the shower wall and is a nice gentle colour for an Ensuite. It is apparently a calming colour, so that works for me!


The new shower has been installed for about a month now and I am pleased to say that it still looks good and is really easy to keep clean (I did also buy a Karcher window vac for daily use). I’m glad that we have the option for either the overhead shower head or the handheld, as on days when I’m not washing my hair I can avoid getting it wet.

Love Mrs Jones x

Some of the details from our Ensuite Makeover (this is not an ad - I have no affiliation with any of these companies):

Shower: Mira
Bathroom cabinet: Taylor Madison from Homesense £49.99
Mirror: Dunelm £12


Comments

Popular Posts