Life: October 2019

Knitting

The last time I knit something, I was a Brownie knitting a square to make up a blanket for a guide dog, so I don't know what possessed me to purchase a sock knitting kit - well I do - it was the thought of no wi-fi on holiday in a French gite! Both my Mum and Step-Mum hinted that it may be a bit ambitious for what is essentially a first-timer. 


Well, I started the first sock three times and am still on the cuff. I am not a natural knitter, but I am finding it quite a soothing experience. Whether there will be anything wearable as a result, who knows?

The kit I bought is this one from Laughing Hens, and Atticus loves the whole knitting process!

Patchwork


Never one to have any idle time, I have also started a Christmas quilt. I am kind of making it up but am heavily inspired by this one by Emma Woods . It must be the season of firsts, because I bought a foundation paper piece pattern for the bear, something I have never attempted before. It was quite tricky to get the hang of it, but I don't feel it is too bad for a first attempt.


I have bought some gorgeous ombre confetti dot fabric for the Christmas trees themselves. You can't see it too well in the photo above but the gold dots are metallic.

Cardiff

I spent a wonderful Saturday in early October on my own in Cardiff. It is such a lovely city and my husband was working there so I thought I would hitch a lift up too. I'm not a big shopper but there are so many old fashioned arcades in the city with indie shops and amazing cafes. I had the most enormous lunch (and a Hugo - Prosecco with elderflower) in Madame Fromage, which I thoroughly recommend.


The afternoon was spent enjoying the National Museum (they are shortly to get Dippy the dinosaur on tour). A really interesting time, but poor Bertie the Bison is so popular there that he is now balding!

In other news, I have been dressmaking again with some beautifully autumnal needlecord...more to follow.

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

  1. You have done very well on your bear, indeed, especially if it is a first attempt! Bertie the Bison is awfully cute, he would be my favorite, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danette, I’m definitely going to explore FPP in more depth.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts