Life: June 2019



I had last week off and really kickstarted an exercise regime. The goal is to just do the 150 minutes of recommended activity per week, as I have really let exercise slip with work pressures. I'm not starting with anything more strenuous than walking and yoga. I love walking in the countryside and find it great for the soul. 



So, on Monday I walked to the National Trust property Greenway from a nearby village. The earth was giving off a warm moist smell after the rain and the hedgerows were brimming with beautiful flowers. I struck up a conversation with a couple who were collecting elderflower. They were planning to boil it up with lemons and sugar to make a syrup for easing colds and flu. I love how friendly people generally are when you are out walking (I hope I don't live to regret this statement)!

The Babapapa of radishes!

In my garden my radishes are tasting fabulous, as are my lettuce (which the slugs and birds have also been enjoying 😢). I have several ripe strawberries but they haven't tasted all that good, but again it seems to be a delicate balance between leaving them to ripen and the slugs eating them. I have also got courgettes, squash, tomatoes, blueberries, pak choi and dwarf beans growing, and I am actually around for most of the summer to harvest them.


I whipped up a quick t-shirt with some leftover fabric (post to follow), as I am keen to keep the momentum going with my dressmaking. However, I have also indulged in a purchase of some beautiful navy and white John Kaldor border print without knowing what on earth I am going to make with it. I really like the Wiksten Shift Dress pattern - I'm thinking that it needs to be a simple shift style dress in order to do the fabric justice. But I also like the Sew Different Tulip Dress. Any thoughts or experience sewing these?

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts