Sewn: Burda 6/2020 #114 Top With Flutter Sleeve Detail



Whilst attempting to sew dress #109 from Burda 5/2020, and having to wait for the right length zip to arrive, I needed a quick sewing win. So, with a day’s leave and no place to go (shielding/lockdown etc.) I cut out and sewed the #114 top from 6/2020. The description is top with gathered shoulder and cut on sleeve. Essentially it is just four pieces - back front and neck facings.



I bought this lovely black and white Georgette from Pound a Metre. It was a bit of a dilemma knowing whether to have peaks or troughs as the centrepiece of the top, but decided that no-one needs a giant arrow to what is essentially their crotch area 😱😄! The fabric reminds me of a top that Helen Pierce wears in Season 3 of Ozark (fabulous watch by the way). 




In all, it was a relatively straightforward sew. I cut the size 38 (debating whether or not to grade out to 40 after the issues that I’m having with the dress). However, I measured the pattern (seriously, how long have I been sewing and never thought to actually do this before) and saw there was quite a bit of room to manoeuvre so left it.



My only complaint is that the gathers feel like they are positioned too far back on my shoulders. You can also see a substantial amount of underwear from the side, however that should easily be remedied (but I see no real need during lockdown). I really like the finished top and can tuck it in or out.

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts