Bake: Yule Log 2017

If you have been following this blog since its inception, you will know that I invariably make a Yule log for my younger son, Fred's birthday. Not always - there was at least one year of revolt when a shop bought cake was requested! This year he is sixteen!!



It feels like a pain in the arse making one, but, as my husband pointed out, I secretly love doing it every year. Much more so now that I have converted to Mary Berry's recipe over Nigella's. I like the taste of both but Nigella's is a lot more faff.


Life is pretty demanding at the moment, so the decoration is a little more slap-dash than usual, but as with all Yule logs, an ample dusting of icing sugar snow will keep you on the straight and narrow!

Recipe here.
Love Mrs Jones X

Comments

  1. Off to seek the recipe out. I use Mary Berry's Celebration Fruit Cake recipe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts