Sewn: Map Cushions


Two years ago, at the Stitching, Sewing and Hobbycrafts Show in Exeter, I bought a metre of this fabulous map fabric, which has been languishing in my sewing room for too long. I have spent some time trying to add in some colour to our very neutral lounge (I'm going with muted blues), and then I decided that it was time to use the fabric to sew up some cushions.


I sewed a very basic button up cushion - no time for piping or anything else fancy. The buttons came from my stash. It is so easy to sew buttonholes on my basic Singer sewing machine. You just pop the button into the buttonhole foot for sizing and follow steps 1-4 on the machine.


As I only have a metre of the fabric, I didn't have any spare to waste trying to match it up at the back.


I have just enough fabric for one more cushion!

Love Mrs Jones x

PS. My awesome leather Moose came from Reiners, Canada - I wrote about that here.

Comments

Popular Posts