Sewn: Simplicity S1880 - Faux Wrap Dress

Over the weekend, I have been sewing away at the Project Runway pattern S1880 for a faux wrap dress. I actually bought the pattern thinking I would make the shirt dress, but I chickened out of doing those buttonholes, something I need a bit more experience of before I tackle it on a dress.


I really liked the idea of the croquis, where you choose the elements that you want in the dress. I wanted it to be a summer dress so I went for the cap sleeves.

Size: I went for a US 8, which I believe is a 10 - it fits perfectly!

Fabric used This lovely deep purple linen/viscose mix which I bought from Clothspot for the dress.
For my facings, I used this funky flying geese fabric by Ellen Luckett Baker. Although you don't see the facing at all on the wrap bit, this fabric really sings out on the cap sleeve facing.

Does it look like the cover photo? No, it looks better! Yes it does look like the cover, only less shiny! I was a bit worried about the length, but as I am so short, it has worked  out well.

Any problems with the pattern? No - I only used my seam ripper once, and that was my mistake!

Alterations In addition to the geometric facings which were my own addition, I added in a little button accent where the wrap meets the skirt: The button came out of button box but is a near perfect colour.


And of course I put my own little stamp on it!



Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

  1. Looks lovely - really suits you. Think I will seek that pattern out as I have to make another dress for our next wedding next year. Second son, third wedding then all the children are married
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie for your lovely comment - I would love to know how you get on with the dress. Congrats on all these weddings! Emma x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts