You would think that these coasters would be the easiest thing in the world to make, but I have had a few pitfalls along the way. The first coaster I made was using a really thick batting - so thick that to turn the coaster right side out was a nightmare. Somehow on the second coaster the upper thread tension had been moved and I developed a lot of looping on the underside.
Finally, a set of coasters!
I used a hard coaster that I already had to cut out four squares in the London fabric, the red polkadot fabric on the underside and the wadding. They aren't very thick, but sufficient to prevent a mark from a hot mug of something.
Love Mrs Jones x