Cardiff

I have spent the last couple of days in Cardiff, as my husband and children had tickets to the Olympic bronze medal match between Japan and South Korea (I think). We did a little bit of shopping - Cardiff has great shops - and I bought a dress for my Dad's wedding in October, although I'm not 100% sure I'm going to keep it. We had lunch in Cafe Rouge with a small glass of cider - lovely.

We spent the afternoon at the castle. It is a good place to go and there is so much to see, from traversing the battlements to the wartime tunnels and into the keep. 

Olympic flags on the battlements

Cardiff Castle
The Millenium Stadium, as seen from within the castle grounds

I really like Cardiff, it is very open and fresh and is sunny every time we visit. It has a good combination of shops and other things to do and see. The whole centre of Cardiff was covered in Olympic flags and livery and there was a big screen showing Olympic events in the centre.

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts