Mother's Day Card 2012

I have the whole house to myself this afternoon as the boys are off playing or watching football, or in my husband's case, "running the line" (which apparently means linesman). I have just made another make up bag and thought I would use a little of the leftover rose bud fabric in a card. 
I cut some rough petal shapes from the tiny scraps of fabric, then ironed them before sewing them one by one onto the card blank. It was a bit of a faff having sewing such tight corners. Then I sewed a slightly bent stalk twice for effect.

I glued a little red star button into the centre and added "Happy Mother's Day" to the bottom.
I think it looks really effective, and I'm definitely going to have another go at a sewn card, and it look me less than ten minutes.

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts