Life: March 2019



Dressmaking
So, what happened to the fox dress? I surely should have finished it by now. Well, no....I just hate it and I knew I would never wear it.

I attempted to improve it by adding a box pleat in the centre, discarding the pussy bow ties and ruching the bodice area. However, even at the pinning stage I knew it wasn't going to work. I cut the bodice off thinking that I could turn it into a skirt, but the fabric is too flimsy on its own for this really. 


I now have one piece of fabric remaining which I may turn into a scarf at some point. It is actually quite radical for me to abandon something so completely - I am naturally a completer-finisher.

But, I have more sewing plans. I've just bought the Adrift Dress pattern and am eagerly awaiting my fabric delivery, which also contains some jersey to make a wrap cardigan. I just can't decide between Coppelia and Elmira: have you made either of these, what would you recommend?


Garden
Spring really has sprung and my weeping cherry is looking splendid. My camellia is also in flower (this was a wonderful Christmas gift). The lighter longer days and flowers really lift my spirits. 




I'm also planning my vegetable box for the year ahead. I've picked the last of the purple sprouting broccoli and have started to harvest some lambs lettuce which self seeded. I have some leeks left growing, but soon it will be time to start sowing, and I always have a willing helper in Atticus...!


Love Mrs Jones x



Comments

Popular Posts