Health: Struggle Getting Your 5-a-day?

Do you struggle to get your recommended five portions of fruit and veg in every day? I used to have this trouble, but by ensuring that I incorporated at least one portion into my breakfast, it has been much easier to achieve.

It's a lot easier at this time of year (late Spring/early Summer) when eating a fruit salad at breakfast makes you feel as though you are on holiday! Unfortunately, I can't just grab a banana because I have developed an allergy to them (as well as kiwi and pineapple...). 

Quick Weekday Breakfasts

Melon and Cherries with Toasted Coconut Chips


1 portion melon: 5cm slice
1 portion cherries: 14 

Mini Croissants with Grapes and Natural Greek Yoghurt



1 portion grapes: 14

Smashed Avocado on Toast
1 portion avocado: half 
Just mash with a fork, use instead of butter and add a sprinkling of paprika.

Weekend Breakfast (or prepare ahead)

Poached Egg with Cooked Cherry Tomatoes and Basil


(or add in some spinach too)
1 portion spinach: 4 heaped tablespoons
1 portion cherry tomatoes: 7

Porridge with Dried Apricots and Honey


1 portion dried apricots: 3 whole
I used this delicious recipe from Lavender and Lovage.

Poached Pear

1 portion pear: 1
See here for how I poach my breakfast pears!

Poached Rhubarb
1 portion rhubarb: 2 heaped tablespoons

Dried Apricot Compote
Made by simmering a small pack of dried apricots in water with a little added sugar for about 20 minutes, then blitzed to a puree with a stick blender. The flavour is quite intense and not too sweet. Use to stir into Greek yoghurt or Porridge, or even spread on to toast.

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

  1. All these look delicious and such a wonderful way to start your day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts