Patchwork: Quilt-a-Long 2017 Complete

Only three months late! I know I moaned about how ruddy tiny the pieces of fabric were for this quilt and there are quite a few imperfections, but I finally finished this quilt - hooray. And just in time to wrap up against the snow the second time it fell this month! I'll be honest, I quite like it.

All the block patterns are listed on the Fat Quarter Shop blog - you can look back at my progress here:
It was fairly apparent when the blocks came together that I had a disparity in sizes and I didn't want to emphasize this in my quilting so I kept that to a minimum.

Before quilting and binding

The back is just plain white and the batting is pieced together from odd bits I had lying around. I really like using up scraps, and the majority of the fabric were scraps too. I think I purchased two fat quarters, so not bad going!

This bit of binding is okay...

I used a pale grey binding, which was again leftover from another quilt (the back of Albert's quilt, I think). I did a crazy thing and machine stitched both sides of my binding after reading about it on Cluck Cluck Sew - she evidently had more success than I did! I usually machine stitch the front but hand stitch the back. It wasn't very successful, but I think it will need fewer repairs, and we do tend to use and abuse these quilts.

This is how it shouldn't look!

Atticus likes it too, so there is no chance that this will ever be a wall quilt!

Love Mrs Jones x


Popular Posts