Bake: Vanilla and Blueberry Buns

I bought a blueberry bush three or four years ago, and finally it has borne enough fruit for me to not only have with melon for breakfast but also to bake with! It was a toss up between a blueberry and white chocolate loaf cake and these. It was the marzipan that won me over.


Vanilla and Blueberry Buns
Golden buns with a hint of cinnamon and swirled with marzipan and home grown blueberries with a sugar glaze.

The recipe is by Bronte Aurell and the original version can be found here on the Waitrose website. I made a few tweaks :
  • replaced the ground cardamom with 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • I didn't weigh the blueberries, I suspect I had less than the recipe requested
  • I omitted the toasted flaked almonds, at the request of Fred (good job really, because I didn't have any anyway)!



Once rolled out and filled with berries, I froze half. The recipe makes 16 buns - even I am not that greedy! 

I ate mine warm and sticky with the glaze. Absolutely delicious.

Love Mrs Jones X

Comments

Popular Posts