Christmas Cake in 5 Easy Stages: Stage Three - Feeding the Cake

This is Stage Three of my Christmas Cake in 5 Easy Stages, but don't despair if you are wanting to start your Christmas Cake now, you do still have enough time (see Stage One and Stage Two).

 Feeding the cake is just about keeping the cake nice and moist, and uses the same liquor that you used in Stage One to drizzle over. So unwrap your cake, prick the surface with a skewer and spoon over a couple of dessertspoons of liquor before wrapping back up.

You can feed the cake as many times as you like - I try to feed it twice. So, I fed it a week ago and I will probably feed it next weekend too.

The fourth stage is all about the marzipan, so arm yourself with a block of marzipan (almond paste) and some apricot jam and I will see you in mid December!

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts