Half Square Triangle Quilt: Planning and Progress

You already know that I received the marvellous Big Shot machine for Christmas. Well, I bought some quilting dies ( 5 inch HST (half square triangle) and a chevron die, and I was desperate to begin a new quilt! It had to be bright, bold and modern with no prints to disrupt the eye.

The Colour Palette
I ordered my fabric from the excellent Fabric Rehab who I have used several times before. The colours aren't particularly true to the original images, (which is why you should always order a sample!), but I am not too bothered. I ordered a fat quarter of each of these, plus a metre of white because my original plan was to have one half of each square in white. However, some time spent with Pinterest later...




Follow Emma Jones's board Quilt Patterns on Pinterest.

...I settled upon a random pattern with some of the triangles forming larger triangles or shapes just to give it a bit of interest. So, having cut all my triangles out, I laid them on a large sheet to determine how I wanted it to look. Don't think that the triangles are uneven, they actually cut with an extra bit so when two are sewn together, it makes a perfect square.
It will need a border of some kind I think, but I am not ready to think about this just yet!

The first row is sewn, and I anticipate sewing all the triangles by this time next week!! 

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts