I made these white chocolate brownies (hence blondies) at the weekend. They didn't look very successful but they tasted delicious, with a nice crisp edge and a white chocolate gooey centre. As you can see, I didn't have a square cake tin, so put it in a circular springform tin instead.
150g white chocolate broken into pieces and melted
125g butter or margerine - melted in a pan
200g flour - I used self raising, the recipe said plain - I don't think it mattered
Pinch of salt
- Mix the melted butter & chocolate together.
- Add the eggs, stirring really fast so they don't curdle.
- Sift in the flour and salt and mix.
- The resulting mixture looks like batter.
- Pour it into your tin, with greaseproof paper on the bottom and cook for 35 minutes at 170C.
- The top will turn golden when it is done, and the centre will be soft.
Love Mrs Jones x
P.S This recipe has been adapted from a recipe in The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook.