Another Foray with my Sewing Machine

I am still trying to get to grips with my sewing machine and am teaching myself how to sew again. I know I managed to bash out a baker boy hat the other day (I must have had a rush of blood to the head), but I want my sewing to get up to a standard where I can make some roman blinds and a dress or two for myself, and maybe even sell a few things. 

I am using Jane Bolsover's "Sewing Machine Basics" - I was drawn to it because it has a mix of information and projects with patterns. So, this morning I sat down and made the first project - the envelope pillow:

I have to say that even though it looks okay it isn't great - although there is a bit of overlap on the envelope bit, it is a bit gaping. I also seem to have developed a problem with the underside of the stitching - which is uneven. So, there is definitely room for improvement, but it is a start.

Love Mrs Jones x


Comments

Popular Posts