Valentine Frames




Only a week to go until February 14th, so have a look at these Valentine frames, to give a picture of you to your lovely husband, boyfriend or lover!
I have had these little cardboard frames hanging about for years, that I had bought from Yellow Moon catalogue (or online at http://www.yellowmoon.org.uk/). I think my youngest son and I used up all the frames with round apertures, leaving all the hearts!
Firstly, get a template for the hole by pushing a piece of card into the slot at the top and drawing round the hole onto the card. Next, cut this tempate out.

Find some suitable paper, card or material or whatever you are going to cover it with and measure the size of the whole frame onto your material.
Then place your material onto the frame and find the hole by pressing gently onto the material. With the heart, it is relatively easy because one you locate the point at the bottom, the rest is easy. Then, place your template into position on the material and draw round. Cut out the heart shape.

Cover the frame with glue (I used PVA) making sure that the edges are covered.
Place on your material or whatever, and all you need do now is decorate.
Red frame: I have used a ribbon in contrasting colours which I glued into place with PVA on the red frame.
Silver frame: I used this fantastic indian paper to cover this frame. It was great because it is quite thick, but be warned that the silver glitter gets everywhere! I stuck Papermania adhesive shimmer dots on the inside edge of the silver frame to give it a beaded effect.
On a non-Valentine theme, in the past I have used a base of an old map showing sea and stuck on a desert island using different patterned paper with a palm tree of mulberry papers: great for holiday pictures!

Comments

Popular Posts