Sewn: Burda 10/2020 118 Bib Skirt (Pinafore)




A bit of sewing for the season in whipping up this vintage style pinafore (who calls it a bib skirt anyway?) from Burda 10/2020 #118. I used some narrow diagonal corduroy which I bought from Poundametre out of season at the same time as the bear flannel used to make some warm winter PJ trousers





The pattern calls for a full lining (but then they are recommending wool flannel, which you would almost certainly want to line). I just lined the two bib pieces (using scraps from my Lloyd and Lola quilt - which incidentally has gone down to my son at uni and is probably never to return), and the waist band.




For a pattern with so many pieces, it was pretty straightforward to sew. I cut the size 44 which seems a bit ridiculous but it said it was fitted at the waist and that fit my measurement. I could easily have gone down a couple of sizes, but I’m enjoying the looser fit.





I was worried about doing the buttonholes. I’m not experienced in doing them and had never done them before on this sewing machine, but it was fine. Given that I have a button stash handed down from my mum, I really struggled to find two buttons the same that fit what I was looking for. The two I did end up with are fractionally different sizes, but as the buttons aren’t next to each other, I thought that would do.





Corduroy is such a great hard wearing and warm fabric, but it doesn’t mix well when you have a ridiculously fluffy grey Maine Coon cat. Suffice to say I am getting plenty of use out of my lint roller.

Love Mrs Jones x



Comments

Popular Posts