Me Made May 2021: Week 1


Who doesn't love May because it's Me Made May (run by So Zo)?! I love the prompt to really look at what I have sewn and get it out and wear it. It's a great time to do a proper assessment of why we wear what we do and also why we don't. I also get a bit inspired by Great British Sewing Bee being back on the TV. Such a great opportunity to really embrace the sewing community.

Day 1: Burda 8/2020 #103 V Necked Top
I hadn't thought of wearing this tucked in before but I actually really like it this way.



Day 2: Papercut Patterns Coppelia Wrap Top
Nothing better than wearing something hot off the sewing machine! I had previously made a Coppelia Wrap Cardigan, but wanted to use this bandage rib jersey from Minerva for the wrap top version. I would describe the fabric as medium weight and works really well for this top. I used my overlocker almost exclusively, with the exception of my sewing machine for the twin needled hems.


How the Bank Holidays really like to be so cold! I definitely needed this jumper on!


Work day and I love this dress. I always try to wear work appropriate clothes even though I am almost exclusively working from home these days - I need that separation in my head space.


Day 6: Skirt refashioned from a dress. Necklace also made by me back in my jewellery making days.


One of my favourites, the very wearable Apron Dress which is so versatile. 


And that's a wrap for week one!

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts