Dressmaking Plans 2020



I am feeling quite ambitious in my sewing plans this year. Now that I am the proud owner of a wonderful overlocker, I feel that my sewing potential has expanded (however, I am still not ready to sew trousers (unless you count pyjama trousers)).

Work Dresses

My usual workwear is a dress - it's just so much easier to throw on a dress and not have to scrabble around for co-ordinating items.

New Look 6000

I have just bought the New Look 6000 pattern which I have had on my To Sew list for a long time now. I have a navy and black jacquard fabric with a slight stretch to it which I think would work well, and it is going to be my next project.


This lovely dress from By Hand London is frustratingly only available by pdf, but it might just be worth piecing it together as I have seen several sewn versions which look stunning. I'm thinking this would look good in linen.


Play Dresses




This is such a playful dress with a caplet back and looks like it would be a lot of fun to make and wear (though probably one for Summer). Pattern is by Wear Lemonade.

Jumpers

I've only recently become a jumper convert, having always previously loved cardigans. I  really fell for a jumper in Anthropologie and have been searching for a me-made alternative - the Orono Top by Itch to Stitch is it. The Toaster pattern by Sew House Seven looks good both as a sweater and thinner top.



Top


I will be waiting until Maven Patterns releases their paper pattern version, but I'm quite interested in this design, especially with the two different sleeve options (straight or bishop).

Pinafore
So this could technically go under "Play dress" as I probably wouldn't wear a pinafore to work. This will either be the Pippi Pinafore by Jennifer Lauren Handmade or the Apron Dress by Assembly Line. I prefer the Assembly Line pattern but am a little nervous about the potential for flashing my bottom!! I also like the Scoop Pinafore by Sew Different.

Pippi Pinafore
Apron Dress

I'll be honest, I was ready to participate in the SewMyStyle2020 challenge this year, but none of the patterns are really standing out for me. Are there any other good dressmaking challenges out there?

Love
Mrs Jones x



Comments

Popular Posts