Christmas Wreath


For a very long time, I have wanted to attend a Christmas wreath making workshop, but either the workshops are fully booked or bloody expensive and so I never have actually made it to one.


But this year, I thought, how difficult can it actually be? I picked up an oasis ring and some floristry wire (which I didn't actually use) from Wilkinsons and set about giving it a go. You have to soak the oasis in water before use.

All the greenery is from my garden, (and I don't have a massive garden). I'm not sure what the variegated leaved plant is that formed the basis of the wreath (it might be pittosporum)  but the other plants I have used are:

  • Skimmia (this has the red berries)
  • Rosemary (it makes the whole wreath smell amazing)
  • Jasmine
  • Camellia



I remember from my days as a child when I used to enter the children's flower arranging competition for the local flower show, that the key to a good arrangement is to use odd numbers, so this is what I have done for the berry accents. 

So, I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt. I'm not too sure how long this will last, but I will be able to remove any dead leaves and replenish throughout December.

Love Mrs Jones x 


Comments

Popular Posts