Life: Summer 2019

Seriously though, where has this Summer gone?!

Christian Dior, V&A

At the end of June, I met up with my sister and niece for a fun day out in London, primarily to visit the Christian Dior exhibition at the V&A. It was really hot and I had a lovely walk across Hyde Park to the V&A, so it was lovely to be able to cool down with a drink by the fountain at the inner courtyard.

The exhibition was just amazing, and according to the BBC had record breaking attendance!


I loved the room with all the muslins and garments in the design stages - my favourite dress of all was the origami one (top right), but look at the motif placement in the one above!


I loved the way the displays - the mirrors above! And look at the detail on the dress (below left) where flowers are designed out of feather placement.


The exhibition is now closed.

Dyrham Park

I spent a lovely day at the delightful National Trust property, Dyrham Park near Bath. The house wasn't terribly interesting, but the gardens were wonderful, and if you are willing to go for a longer walk (we always are), you may well discover some deer.



Baking

I don't do too much baking these days, as I am trying to keep healthy, but with the boys around, it's nice to indulge in an occasional treat. I tried out this recipe from Del's Cooking Twist for Cookie Sticks. In my version, I dipped them in Marabou with Dime....to die for!


Love Mrs Jones x 

Comments

  1. What a sweet and lovely summer you've had!!! The Cookie Stick looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your views on my blog, so please do stop by and comment!

Popular Posts