Days Out: Llama Trekking in Sidmouth


I love walking and I love llamas (see my Lloyd and Lola quilt here), so it's no surprise that I loved walking with llamas! My husband and I spent a glorious April afternoon taking Eric and Harry for a walk, under the guidance of Maggie, the keeper of these beautiful animals.

Eric - I love your dippyness!

I fell in love with Eric when we were introduced in the llama shed - I mean, just look at those beautiful eyes! He was also a little bit dippy and very well behaved, unlike Harry who pretty much took my husband for a walk rather than the other way around!

Harry

After a bit of gentle llama handling awareness (they really don't like their faces or ears being touched but love a stroke on the neck), we each chose our llama and we ready for a walk. And, if you are expecting an energetic dog-like walk, think again, these go at llama pace... ie. not very fast...


...and they stop at the all-you-can-eat buffet bar every couple of paces!

At one point we reached the field adjacent to the South West Coast Path which certainly surprised some regular walkers.



The llamas got a special picnic treat at the top of the cliff, but we had to wait until we were back at the gazebo overlooking the llama field before we had our treat of a cream tea.


What a fabulous experience, and one that I would definitely repeat. 

Love Mrs Jones x


Details
Llama walks at Peak Hill Llamas , Sidmouth, Devon (our walk and cream tea was a Christmas gift from my Dad & Step Mum).

We stayed at a lovely hotel called Salty Monk at Sidford a couple of miles from Sidmouth (dinner was divine)!

Comments

Popular Posts