Life: January 2019

This year just might be the first one where I haven't made ridiculously unattainable (or unsustainable) New Year's resolutions. So no Dry January, or fitness regimes, just to keep on with staying healthy. 2018 was a tough year both personally and professionally and I definitely need to learn to relax! 

Start the day right: Porridge with Blueberry Compote


On that note, I experienced my first reflexology session. I was a little sceptical about the science behind reflexology but I won the session and I'm willing to give most things a try. I was pleasantly surprised at how relaxing it felt, and my stress levels and quality of sleep definitely improved in the few days afterwards. I liked it so much that I have booked another session!

So what have I been up to this month?

Utility Room Overhaul
That post Christmas overload of recycling led me to rethink my utility room. I don't have a lot of space in there, and the floor is taken up with the requirements of both ends of my large Maine Coon's digestive tract 😉! But, I had a feeling that a purchase of an IKEA Kallax unit would solve all my problems, and I was right. I am so late to the party with the Kallax, but we recently bought two bigger units for our spare room which has completely transformed it. 



Escape Room
I bought a session at our local Escape Room in Exeter as family gift this Christmas. So last Sunday we got locked into The Heist for an hour. It was an exciting experience as we all hunted for clues to disable alarms and codes to padlocks in order to steal the treasure in the museum. We even had to crawl through a small space in order to access the museum. It was so much fun, and we actually managed to escape with eight minutes to spare. 

Dressmaking
Not one to sit twiddling my thumbs, I have started sewing up a shift dress with a tie neck in the fox fabric that I bought last year. It will probably be another "slow sew" because I don't have a lot of time, but I do like to have a project on the go. More on this one in forthcoming posts!

Love Mrs Jones x

Comments

Popular Posts